Recently a programme of works at Lopping Hall by the Directors has resulted in significant improvements to the facilities and structure of the Hall. Some of the work which has already been completed includes: lift access to the first floor, new lavatory provisions, including provision for the disabled, a new roof, improvements to the heating in the Hall, the provision of the Loughton Arts Centre. Much of the necessary work so far has been to the infrastructure of the Hall, plumbing, heating etc, but as this is completed the Directors plan to turn their attention to the public spaces. The Trustees are aware that there remains much to be done and they have produced a document detailing key objectives for the next five years. This document remains work in progress and the Directors welcome suggestions for improvements. You can email us at email@example.com.
Amongst the objectives are:
- Determine the fitness of the existing building services and recommend appropriate action.
- Bring all rooms up to a good state of decoration.
- Provide modern kitchen and bar facilities.
- Enhance access security to the building at all points.
- Remodel the theatre complex fit for the 21st century.
- Provide a new main entrance to reconnect Lopping Hall with Loughton High Road.
- Develop an effective marketing strategy for the Hall and all its uses.
- Prepare a business or financial plan for the next five years to help us to qualify for major funding applications.
- Reform use of the storage facilities throughout the building.
- Realise the potential of the Arts Centre.
- Restore and refurbish the Station Road entrance and associated rooms.
- Safeguard our heritage memorabilia – and provide a display.
To read more about these objectives, please download a full copy of the Key Objectives Document here